Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Updates

Hey readers,

It has been a couple of weeks since I have updated, and I have a couple of reasons for that. When I came home, a few of us tried the fabled Hot Chocolate Stout. It showed great promise (in fact, the aftertaste was wonderful), but some flaw in the process caused the beer to be contaminated, which left a soapy, salty, and unpleasant twang on the tongue upon tasting. Well, I got my first bad batch out of the way, and hopefully it will be smooth sailing now. I'm not giving up, especially considering how outstanding my other batches were, and I'm definitely going hardcore on my sanitation for the next batch. I was able to finish up the RyePA, which was still really quite tasty. There was also some English Mild that I had left in a growler in the fridge at the end of the summer that was miraculously still carbonated and tasted great. So it's not all negative stuff, and I have a really positive outlook as we enter 2011. I am bringing my equipment down to Nashville and plan on taking TN by storm. Would definitely be open to suggestions for the "comeback" batch! (I am leaning towards BowThai Ale 2.0)

Best,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment